We’re back with Part II of our special mini-series on work and politics in the sex industry, guest-hosted by friend of the show Jessie Sage. Jessie is a writer, podcaster, phone sex operator, clip artist, and co-owner of Peepshow Media. In this rich and expansive two-part series, Jessie interviews sex worker, activist, writer, undocumented migrant, and DACA recipient from Honduras, Maya Morena. In Part II of their conversation, Maya and Jessie pick up where they left off last week and discuss the day-to-day labor that goes into being a sex worker, the images that sex workers have to maintain, and much more.
Additional links/info below…
- Maya’s Twitter page and OnlyFans page
- Jessie’s website and Twitter page
- Peepshow Media website, Twitter page, and Facebook page
- Maya Morena, City Limits, “Opinion: A Sex Worker Says Decriminalization Means a Safer Workplace“
- What Women* Want podcast, “Sex Work the Write Way with Jessie Sage“
- Emily McCombs, HuffPost, “‘This Bill Is Killing Us’: 9 Sex Workers On Their Lives In The Wake Of FOSTA“
- Fancy Feast, Buzzfeed, “5 Sex Workers Talk About Doing Their Jobs During COVID-19“
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
Jules Taylor, “Working People Theme Song”
The Good Lawdz, “Preachin’ Dem Blues”
This post was originally published on The Real News Network.